|How to Find a Licensee in Your Area
If you are interested in leasing, here are instructions on how to look up the current licensees in a particular geographic
- Go to the FCC's Universal Licensing System (ULS) License Search
- Click on "Advanced License Search"
- On the next page, in the section titled Call Sign & Radio Services, click "Match only the following radio service(s)." In the box below, select the wireless services you wish to look up, holding down the "Ctrl" key to select more than one.
The following wireless services can be used for wireless broadband services:
AW = AWS, 1710-1755/2110-2155 MHz band
BC = 1670-1675 MHz
BR = Broadband Radio Service
CL = Cellular Service
CW = Broadband PCS
ED = Educational Broadband Service
LD = Local Multipoint Distribution Service
MM = Millimeter Wave 70-80-90 GHz Service
TN = 39 GHz
TZ = 24 GHz
WS = Wireless Communications Service
WZ = 700 MHz Lower Band
- Once you have selected the service(s) you are interested in searching, you may wish to fill in additional search parameters
on that form, such as a particular licensee name, a particular license date range, or whether you only want to view "Active"
- Once you have finished filling in all of you search parameters, click the "Geosearch" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, in the Geographic Search Criteria section, you can limit your search to licensees in particular states and/or counties. Again, hold down the "Ctrl" key to
select more than one county.
- Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the page.
- ULS will then return your search results. The search results will list the companies that are licensed to provide service
in the geographic area you selected. This does not mean that the licensee is necessarily offering service there, but that
they are licensed to do so. There may be multiple licensees for the same wireless service in one county. To view the details
of a license, including contact information for the licensee, click on the "Call Sign" hyperlink next to each licensee name.
|Wireless Broadband Services
are a variety of terrestrial wireless technologies available
or being developed to provide broadband services. There
are a range of options for accessing spectrum for wireless
and satellite broadband services, including spectrum auctions,
spectrum leasing, public safety spectrum licensing, and
the use Part 15 equipment in license-exempt spectrum bands.
|Wireless Broadband Technologies
to Access Spectrum for Wireless Broadband Services
|FCC Proceedings Related to Wireless Broadband