If your license has not expired, 47 C.F.R Section 97.21
requires you to file timely for an update of the license as
necessary to show your correct mailing address, name, club name,
license trustee or custodian name. Revocation of your station license
or suspension of your operator license may result when correspondence
from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because you failed to provide
the correct mailing address. For an operator/primary station license, the
application must be made on a FCC Form 605
(edition date of July 2005
or later). Use purpose AU, Administrative Update, for an address or name
change only and file the Main form only. (For a club, military recreation,
or RACES station license, you must now file through a Club Station Call
Sign Administrator. See the Public Notice on CSCSAs
To change an address associated with a license, go to the Universal Licensing System
, select Online Filing, and do the following:
- Login with your FRN and Password. Note: TINs (Tax Payer Identification Numbers) may no longer be used for logging into ULS, effective December 14, 2003.
Choose Update from the Work on This License menu on the right hand side of your License At A Glance screen.
Note: For additional help with this process, click on the Common Questions that appear on most pages of ULS License Manager, or click the Help link at the top right of each page.
- Answer the questions on the Applicant Questions page. Then click Continue.
- On the licensee page, update your licensee address and any other relevant information by typing your information into the text boxes provided. When ready, click Continue.
- On the Summary page review the information you have entered. If you wish to make additional changes, click the Edit button next to the section of your application you wish to Edit. You will be able to return to that page of the application. Make the desired change and select the Return to Summary button.
- When ready to submit your update to the Commission, choose the Continue to Certify button.
- After reading the certification, enter your first and last names and title if appropriate in the boxes at the bottom of the page. You MUST sign the application. When finished choose the Submit Application button.
- From the ULS Confirmation screen, we recommend you print a copy of your application and/or the Confirmation screen itself from your web browser.
Note: The address and contact information you have entered in CORES registration will not be automatically associated with your licenses. To change the address or other contact information on your license, you must update your information in ULS or submit Form 605 manually.
You may alternatively submit a paper FCC Form 605 (edition date July 2005 or later) to
1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325-7245
You can request forms by calling (800) 418-FORM (3676), download the form
or call our Fax Information system at (202) 418-0177.