Local Television Transmission Service
Common Filing Tasks
Replace a License
There are two ways of filing an application to replace a license; electronically or manually. The rules require certain services to file electronically. (See Section 1.913(b) of the Commission’s Rules
When entering information into the online system, licensees will find that certain fields and questions collected on the FCC Form 601 must be completed or ULS edits will not allow the licensee to continue to the next screen. ULS will display a message if a required field is left blank and licensees will be given the opportunity to go back to the screen and complete the required fields.
Note: The address and contact information you have entered in CORES registration will not be automatically associated with your licenses. To change the address or other contact information on your license, you must update your information in ULS or submit Form 601 manually.
Using the Universal Licensing System
To replace your license, access the Universal Licensing System (ULS)
, select Online Filing, and follow the instructions below.
- Log in to the “License Manager” page with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password. If you do not have an FRN, you must obtain one first by going to the FCC Registration site.
- If you have saved applications, the system will open to a page titled “My Applications.” From this page choose the My Licenses link in the side navigation menu at the left side of the screen.
- On the “My Licenses” page, select the Request Duplicates link from the navigation menu at the left side of the screen. Note: For additional help with this process, click on the Common Questions links that appear on most pages of ULS License Manager, or click the Help link at the top right of each page. Alternatively you may select an individual call sign from the list of your licenses and, once the “license at a glance” page for that call sign has loaded, select request duplicate from the “Work on this License” menu at the right side of the screen.
- On the “Select Licenses” page, select the license(s) you want a duplicate of, and click on the Add button to add them to the Duplicates Requested list, click Continue when ready. Note that you can filter the licenses shown in the licenses box by selecting a specific radio service in the filter by radio service drop down box.
- On the “Review Licenses & Select Updates” page, you may indicate whether you wish to update the licensee information or contact information by selecting the box(es) next to the information you wish to update. Click Continue when ready.
- Answer the question on the “Applicant Questions” page and click Continue when ready.
- If you indicated that you wanted to update licensee information you will next be presented with the “Licensee Information” page where you can review and update the licensee information. Make any corrections that are necessary and click Continue when ready.
- If you indicated that you wanted to update contact information you will next be presented with the “Contact Information” page where you can review and update the contact information. Make any corrections that are necessary and click Continue when ready.
- On the “Summary” page review the information you have entered. If you wish to make additional changes, click the Edit button next to the section of your application you wish to edit. You will be able to return to that page of the application, make the desire change and select the Return to Summary button. When ready to submit your update to the Commission, choose the Continue to Certify button when ready.
- After reading the certification, enter your first and last name and title if appropriate in the boxes at the bottom of the page. You MUST sign the application. When finished choose the Submit Application button.
- From the Confirmation page, we recommend you print a copy of your application and/or the Confirmation screen itself from your web browser.
- If the application requires a fee, click the Form 159 button. Log in to Form 159 with the FRN and password of the party paying for the application.
- Finally, click the Pay Online by Credit Card link or if you do not wish to pay online, click the View Form 159 button to print out a completed Form and mail it with the appropriate payment. The appropriate filing address will be identified on the confirmation page in ULS or can be determined by consulting the Wireless Filing Guide.
Manually Filing Using Paper Form 601
See Forms & Fees
for information on how to download forms, or request forms by phone, fax on demand, or in writing. For information on applicable fees, see the Wireless Filing Guide